[OpenNESS-dev] Enquiry about Hardware Specifications of Openness*

Mokhtar, Amr amr.mokhtar at intel.com
Fri Mar 6 04:35:07 UTC 2020

Hi Ashish,

  1.  OpenNESS installs on baremetal
  2.  The ideal setup would be to have dedicated machine for each node, i.e: Controller, Edge node, Cloud (if needed) and a separate installer machine where you have openness-experience-kit installed. There is a possibility that you can install the Controller, the cloud and the openness-experience-kit as VMs on one machine. But we haven’t tested that.

The hardware that was tested for compliance is listed here in the release-notes -> https://github.com/open-ness/specs/blob/master/openness_releasenotes.md#hardware-and-software-compatibility

  1.  I didn’t get your question. Are you asking about creating service endpoints? In the network-edge deployment, you can create service endpoints by creating a yaml of `service` kind  and apply as explained here ->  https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service/

Best regards,
-Amr