[OpenNESS-dev] Enquiry about Hardware Specifications of Openness*
amr.mokhtar at intel.com
Fri Mar 6 04:35:07 UTC 2020
1. OpenNESS installs on baremetal
2. The ideal setup would be to have dedicated machine for each node, i.e: Controller, Edge node, Cloud (if needed) and a separate installer machine where you have openness-experience-kit installed. There is a possibility that you can install the Controller, the cloud and the openness-experience-kit as VMs on one machine. But we haven’t tested that.
The hardware that was tested for compliance is listed here in the release-notes -> https://github.com/open-ness/specs/blob/master/openness_releasenotes.md#hardware-and-software-compatibility
1. I didn’t get your question. Are you asking about creating service endpoints? In the network-edge deployment, you can create service endpoints by creating a yaml of `service` kind and apply as explained here -> https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/service/
From: Ashish Pathania <pattustar7 at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday 5 March 2020 09:26
To: developer at mail.openness.org
Subject: Enquiry about Hardware Specifications of Openness*
I am implmenting openness edge platform for testing purpose.
Need to know few things-
1. Require VMs or bare metal machines?
2. Minimum hardware specifications for cloud and edge controller.( Can install edge, cloud & k8s in one machine?)
3. Need to expose all services(endpoint apis) of app as different tar file or single.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Developer