[OpenNESS-dev] send traffic from container application deployed on node

Mokhtar, Amr amr.mokhtar at intel.com
Fri Apr 24 07:17:24 UTC 2020

Hi Ashish,
What dataplane are you using; NTS or OVN/OVS?
I presume it is NTS.. If so, then this is not possible. NTS is a bump in the wire and traffic routed downstream must be always originated from the client-side (upstream m/c). Thereby, to initiate this traffic you should use the management interface (the default eth0).
Another options is to try using OVN/OVS which is a new feature in 20.03 release. See https://github.com/open-ness/specs/blob/master/doc/dataplane/openness-ovn.md#ovsovn-support-in-openness-on-premises-ovn-cni

-Amr